Tennessee Smoky Pimiento Cheese Poppers
A pastry bag or a zip-top freezer bag make filling the peppers a breeze. Stuff the peppers one day in advance. Cover and refrigerate until ready to bake.
Servings: 2 dozen
- 14 miniature sweet peppers
- 3/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (4-ounce) jar diced pimientos, drained
- 1 teaspoon minced chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 2 teaspoons adobo sauce
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 5 soda crackers, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375°. Cut peppers in half lengthwise; remove seeds and center membrane. Cut a small sliver from pepper bottoms, if desired to keep upright. Place on a lightly greased foil-lined baking sheet. Combine Cheddar and next five ingredients in a large bowl. Pipe filling into pepper halves. Do not over fill. Toss cracker crumbs with butter; sprinkle over the peppers. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until cheese melts and the peppers soften.
Source of recipe: Rebecca Gordon, Buttermilk Lipstick