- 1/2 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup frozen or canned whole-kernel corn, drained
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup self-rising cornmeal
- 1/2 cup self-rising flour
- 1 cup plain fat-free yogurt
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup lactose-free milk
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Cheddar or Pepper-Jack cheese
Preheat oven to 400˚. Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray.
Combine beef and onion in a large skillet and cook on medium heat 10 minutes until beef is browned. Drain meat. Return meat to pan and add remaining filling ingredients; stir well and pour into casserole dish.
Combine topping ingredients and pour over meat in casserole dish.
Bake 30 minutes or until filling is bubbly and crust is light brown.