- 4 to 5 large sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 2 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup low-fat lactose free milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
Coat a 2-quart casserole dish with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake potatoes for 50 minutes or until tender. Remove potatoes from oven, let cool slightly and peel.
In a large bowl, mash potatoes and stir in syrup, eggs, vanilla, spices and milk. Pour mixture into prepared dish.
Combine pecans, brown sugar, flour and oil in small bowl; sprinkle topping over potatoes.
Bake uncovered for 30-40 minutes or until topping is golden brown.