- 1 1/2 cups medium grain bulgur wheat
- 1 1/2 cups chopped assorted bell pepper (red, yellow, orange)
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups chopped cucumber
- 6 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 1/2 chopped fresh parsley
Combine first 10 ingredients (bulgur through black pepper) in a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Uncover bulgur mixture just before serving and stir in cucumber, feta cheese, olives and parsley. Serve on plates or in bowls with a lemon wedge for squeezing.