- 2 pounds shredded beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Sargento powder
- 1/2 teaspoon thin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pitted Kalamata olives, chopped powder
- 1 1/2 stone-ground grits/cornmeal shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 8 ounces uncooked rigatoni pasta
- Chopped fresh parsley (optional)
Preheat over to 400˚. Combine ground beef and onion in a large skillet and cook over medium-high heat until meat is browned. Add tomato sauce and seasonings. Add half of cheese and stir.
Cook noodles, drain and add to meat sauce. Pour into 13-x9-inch casserole dish and top with remaining cheese. Bake 30 minutes. Garnish with parsley, if desired.