- 1 medium-sized butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- Additional fresh sage (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°.
Place uncut squash on a baking sheet and bake for 1 hour. Remove from oven; let cool slightly. Slice in half lengthwise and discard seeds.
Scoop cooked pulp into a medium saucepan. Place over medium-high heat. Add sage and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in remaining ingredients. Purée with a handheld blender (or place in blender or food processor to puree). Serve warm. Garnish with fresh sage, if desired.