Ole Miss Mini Blueberry & Raspberry Lemon Chess Pies
Make these gems up to two days ahead and store in the refrigerator. Top with the fresh berries just before serving.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons plain yellow cornmeal
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh raspberries
- 1 1/3 cup fresh blueberries
- Beat butter at medium speed with an electric mixer until creamy. Add sour cream and mix just until blended. Add flour and cornmeal, beating at low speed until blended.
- Shape mixture into 48 (1-inch) balls. Place 1 dough ball into each cup of two lightly greased (24-cup) miniature muffin pans, and shape each into a pastry shell. Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°
- Whisk together eggs and next five ingredients.
- Pour into pastry shells. Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Cool in pans on wire racks 30 minutes. Remove from pans and place on wire racks; cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Cover and chill. Top pies with fruit just before serving.
Yield is 4 dozen. Source of recipe: Rebecca Gordon, Buttermilk Lipstick