Kefir Pumpkin Pie Smoothie
With more strains of good-for-you probiotic bacteria than most yogurts, the fermented milk product called kefir is a great start to any day. Its tart flavor makes it a natural for pairing with sweet fruits like pumpkin or berries.
- 1 cup plain kefir
- 1 cup unsweetened pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup ice cubes
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup or honey
- 1 tablespoon almond or cashew butter
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Blend until smooth.
Nutrition per serving: 175 calories, 8g protein, 25g carb, 4g fiber, 6g fat (0.7g sat), 215mg calcium, 43mg sodium Serving size: 8 ounces Source of recipe: Maureen Callahan, MS, RD