South Carolina Cranberry-Orange Spice Cooler
Blender drinks are all the rage on game day. Make the cranberry mixture the night before and transfer to a pitcher filled with orange slices and cinnamon sticks. Blend with ice cream just before serving.
- 1 (64-ounce) bottle cranberry juice
- 4 cups orange-tangerine juice
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 3 spice tea bags
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- Garnish: Fresh orange slices and ground nutmeg
- Bring first four ingredients to a boil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat about 8 to 10 minutes. Reduce heat to medium and simmer 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add tea bags; steep 10 minutes. Remove tea bags. Stir in sugar. Cool 20 minutes. Cover and chill 8 to 24 hours. Pulse 2 cups vanilla ice cream and 2 1/2 cups chilled cranberry mixture in a blender until smooth. Repeat 3 times. Garnish, if desired. Serve immediately.
Source of recipe: Rebecca Gordon, Buttermilk Lipstick